- This event has passed.
CFP: Crackdowns and Creativity Organizing and Resistance in 2017 and Beyond
January 27, 2017
Organizing and Resistance in 2017 and Beyond
OPIRG-Guelph’s Social and Environmental Justice Symposium is a convergence of academic and community research, activism, and art focused on social and environmental justice issues.
Welcome all contributions and ideas focused on creating social and environmental change: research presentations, panels, roundtables, breakout groups, multimedia and art displays, interactive activities, zines and more.
OPIRG-Guelph welcomes proposals on topics related (but not limited) to the following:
- Prison abolition, the prison-industrial complex
- Police and state violence
- Anti-fascist organizing (including historical perspectives)
- Racism and xenophobia, especially anti-Black racism and Islamophobia
- Climate justice, environmental racism, extractive industries (renewable and nonrenewable), sustainability
- Reproductive justice
- Rape culture
- Food security, economic justice
- Migrant justice
- Disability justice, accessibility
- Gender justice, women’s rights, feminisms
- Alternative economies, governance models
If you are interested in having your work considered for this conference, please submit the following to [email protected] in a single document:
- An abstract of no more than 300 words describing the proposed contribution and its format (e.g. research presentation, panel, roundtable, interactive workshop, etc.),
- A shortened description of your contribution for use in the program (no more than 70 words)
- A biography of no more than 50 words
- Your contact information (including an email address that you check regularly)
Submission deadline: Friday, January 27th 2017 at 11:59 pm Eastern time. The symposium will be held the weekend of March 4th and 5th.
For more information visit the OPIRG Guelph website.