CFP: Creative Music Production Residencies
Deadline : Febuary 11th 2018
The Centre d’Expérimentation Musicale invites creators to apply for a creative music production residency. Along with musicians which are CEM members, the guest artists will be asked to perform one or many works in front of an audience. Those works will be shot with multiple cameras and multitrack recorded. This broadcast-quality recording will be available on the Web.
In 2018, three residencies of two or three weeks will be granted. One of those residencies is
intended for cultural diversity (immigrants or persons of immigrant background who were
born in Canada).
– $1000 per week of residency for artist fee and copyrights;
– Accommodation for the whole residency period;
– A daily allowance of $30/day (residents have access to a kitchen);
– Travel expenses (by plane if more than 1000 km from the CEM);
– A complete access to the Centre’s facilities and equipment.
The CEM also has a considerable budget for hiring musicians. This way, residents will be
able to rehearse with them on a regular basis (for example, in two weeks, it is reasonable to
hold eight half a day rehearsals with four musicians). During the residencies, creators will be
supported by a producer with whom they will be able to discuss about their work. The
producer will be in charge of the music production while acting as a bridge between the
residents and the musicians.