- This event has passed.
CFP: Emergence Symposium Arts & Equity: Leading Social Change
Neighbourhood Arts Network invites artists, arts organizations, curators, and arts practitioners at any stage in their career to submit proposals for art activation, artist talks, and workshops.
DEADLINE: JUNE 10, 2018
The 2018 Emergence Symposium begins on November 19 with 4 days of community arts activations and culminates with a full-day conference on November 23.
Over 200 community engaged arts practitioners, policy makers and community leaders will convene for a reciprocal knowledge exchange and critical discussions surrounding the theme of Arts and Equity.
This large-scale symposium will build on the equity dialogue which Neighbourhood Arts Network has explored since its foundation in 2010.
They invite perspectives that are intersectional and encourage proposals from Deaf and disability cultures, artists with lived experiences including LGBTQQIIA and BIPOC communities. All art disciplines are welcome. Below is a list of ideas, that artists can explore, related to the theme Art & Equity: Leading Social Change
LEADING SOCIAL CHANGE
- Decolonial arts practices / Decolonial curatorship
- Indigenous Futures
- Queering and indigenizing gallery spaces, museums and other art /cultural institutions
- Curating as a community practice
- Rethinking heritage as public spaces/ public art
- Healing through arts interventions
- Artistic interventions
- Engaging audiences with disabilities
- Performance, live art and the body
- Sustainable arts practices
- Arts and Technology
- Creative Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Equity
Deadline for submission: June 10, 2018
All those interested in the open call are encouraged to contact angie(at)torontoarts(dot)org
For more details and to apply visit the Neighbourhood Arts Network website.